Thursday, July 9, 2009

Shock Doctrine New York
Catherine Austin Fitts

excerpts:

“As long as I can get government subsidies, what do I care if people have education or jobs?”
—Dick Ravitch, Chairman, AFL-CIO Housing Trust



"The Governor of New York just appointed Richard “Dick” Ravitch to serve as his lieutenant governor.
When I ran Hamilton Securities Group, I made the mistake of putting Dick on one of my advisory boards and hiring him as a consultant. After he helped smear me and engineer the housing bubble, he ended up with Paul Volker as an office mate in Rockefeller Center, while I slugged through thirteen years of litigation. That’s another story.
He has traditionally been very loyal to Bob Rubin, who served as his finance chairman when Dick ran for Mayor, hedge fund manager Mickey Steinhardt, and a variety of NY real estate and financial interests, including Goldman Sachs. Hence, from their point of view, he would be an excellent person to manage a NY state bankruptcy, bond default or significant government re-engineering."

No comments: